The Food Manager Certification Examination is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services, and is a fully recognized Food Protection Management Examination. When the student successfully passes the exam, an electronic certificate will be available for download.
Upon successful completion, please print your newly acquired certificate. You will need to take your Photo ID, Certificate, and any additional fee to your local health department. Your health department will issue a Food Manager Card and will catalog your information as a recognized Food Protection Manager within the State of Texas.
The Learn2Serve Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a basic study overview of the topics that will be covered in the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of food-borne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.