• California Alcohol Server Training | Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Training

California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Training

Effective July 1st, 2022, the standards required to serve alcohol in the state of California will be changing. Starting on that date, anyone who is serving alcohol in a place where it will be consumed, and the managers overseeing those servers, will be required to hold a valid RBS certification. This is a mandate that comes from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

Whether you already work in the food and beverage service industry, or you plan to seek employment in this industry in the near future, it’s important to understand this new requirement. Taking care of your Responsible Beverage Service training requirement as soon as possible will get this task off your plate and you’ll be able to focus on the other elements of your job duties or job search.

What is the RBS Training Program?

Our RBS Training Program is an online course aimed at allowing you to obtain your RBS certification to work legally in California as a server of alcoholic drinks or as a manager in such a setting. With the new requirement for all servers and managers to hold this certification, it’s important to make sure you have this in place by July 1st, 2022. Once you are hired in such a role, after the July 1st, 2022 date has passed, you will have 60 days to obtain your certification.

Who Needs an RBS Certification?

As of July 1st, 2022, everyone in the state of California who serves alcohol where it is consumed will be required to hold this certification. In addition, anyone who works in a managerial role for an establishment that serves alcohol will need to have this certification, as well. This requirement also extends to people who may serve alcoholic beverages in a transportation setting, such as on a plane or a train. Given how quick and simple it is to obtain this certification, it’s a good idea for anyone working in one of these roles in the state of California to get certified as soon as possible. In fact, even if you don’t yet have a job in this industry, getting your certification in advance is easy, affordable, and may make you a more attractive candidate.

How Do I Obtain a Valid RBS Certification?

You can obtain your RBS certification to be a legal California alcohol server simply by going through the course we offer and taking the exam through the RBS Portal (https://abcbiz.abc.ca.gov/). The exam costs $3.00 and will become available only once you complete the course." Responsible Training is an online leader in this space, offering similar courses and training programs for many states across the country. You can count on our training course to be easy to use, accurate, and provide all the information you need to get certified. Once you have gone through our training program, you can take your test through the RBS Portal to become officially certified.

How is the RBS Certificate Used?

You’ll use your new RBS certificate when you are employed in the food and beverage industry by a facility that serves alcohol. It’s likely that you will be asked by your employer to provide proof of your certification, or you may even bring proof to a job interview if you have gone through the process in advance of getting work.

About Responsible Training’s Responsible Beverage Service Training

Don’t be intimidated by the thought of going through a training program to pass the RBS test and become certified. We have carefully designed our course in a manner that is easy to use and will give you the information you need to handle this test successfully. Once you get started, you’ll see that the course is approachable and user-friendly throughout.

How long does the training take?

This training course is designed to be completed at your own pace. With that said, we’ve created the course with your busy life in mind, so the training process respects your time and won’t demand too much of our schedule. If you’d like to work through it all in a day, you will likely be finished in under a couple of hours. Of course, if you would prefer to take more time and spread out your sessions, you are welcome to do that, as well.

What will I learn in this course?

The course is targeted specifically at helping you obtain your RBS certificate in the state of California. So, as you might expect, the materials are aligned with what you will need to know to pass that test. Some of the key themes that will come up in the training and in the test include the risks of serving alcohol to minors, the dangers of over-serving and how to avoid it, and more.

How do I register for the course?

You can quickly and easily register for this training course right here on our site. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by filling out the form here on our site or by giving us a call. Once you have registered, you can get started working through the service training program material right away.

What forms of payment are accepted?

We take payment via all major credit cards when you register for one of our training courses. Your security is our top priority, so we offer a secure server for the processing of all payments. Should you need to request a refund for any reason after you have purchased the program, please reach out to our team for assistance.

What Prior Education Do I Need for This Program

There is no prior education required to go through this program. By enrolling in the program, you will have access to all of the training and information you need to obtain an RBS certificate in the state of California. Once you get started, you’ll find that this is a relatively straightforward training program that only requires you to pay attention, review the materials, and remember the key components of serving rules and regulations in the state. Not only will this training allow you to work legally in a server or management role, but it will also help you better perform your duties thanks to the knowledge you gain in the process. When you have completed our training, you should be ready for the Responsible Beverage Server Certification exam offered by the state.